Moongate Gifts offers a variety of carefully curated gifts
I’m in love with everything in my shop. It’s either beautiful to look at, lovely to smell, fabulous to wear or wonderful to give to someone. I can, and do, spend hours there in the atmosphere of generous joy, vibrant colour and sensual shapes.
Things for the Spirit
- A section devoted to crystals, rocks, geodes, fossils and salt lamps invites the spirit to open and welcome the good things of the earth.
- Singing bowls, shiva lingams, tingshas, and buddha statues offer the possibility of peace in the present moment.
- Gather flowers into vases from Chives, where a single stem makes a statement or fill huge Waterford crystal vases with a mass of spruce boughs.
- Vera Wang silver frames with simple, contemporary lines lend dignity to a family photo, whereas the Royal Albert house wares are both classic and country.
- Candles from Raven Creek Farm burn for a long, long time, don’t drip and are pure bees wax. There’s honey too.
- Table linen and napkins from Vero France are made of 100% cotton. The spice grinders, garlic graters, bread baskets and market baskets and throws are straight out of a Provence paradise.
- Spruce Garden Pottery: bowls, plates, mugs, and dishes made by potter Pat Farquhar. Plus pit fired pieces, all weird and wonderful.
- Succulents fare well indoors at any time of year. Two or three in a rustic planter and spring is already closer.
- I think that no garden is complete without an obelisk. The Classic garden makes a wonderful one in two sizes, three colours and natural cedar. www.theclassicgarden.ca
- Fairy garden ‘houses’ for the creative small space gardener suitable for the exotic succulents to come this spring.
- Agate and bamboo wind chimes for those who love their evocative sound.
Baby Clothing & Toys
- Beatrix Potter baby dishes and cups celebrate the traditional Peter Rabbit adventures.
- Natural Charm baby clothes couldn’t be finer in the 100% organic cotton or more cute in style. Also receiving blankets and soft teddy bears.
Bath & Body for Men & Women
- Body and bath indulgences by Kogi Naturals are incredibly popular. Deliciously scented, Canadian made, and all natural.
- New this season, mens’ grooming products by Burnt Whiskey. Black and gold no frills packaging belies the richness of the oils and lotions. Five amazing scents to try: Capone, Rambler, Deadwood, Signature and Beardsman.
- Scarves: the lightest, most delicate hand painted silk, pashminas in all sorts of colours and patterns, and, loopy infinity scarves. The best and easiest of accessories!
- Tote bags from India, hats and mitts from Crown Cap for fun.
Cards & Artwork
- Greeting cards, mostly flowers and animals, some hilarious, all blank for your imprint.
- On the walls are custom framed prints and original works of art. A feast for the eyes and mind.
- A really diverse selection of jewelry. Some hand made by local artisans and some hand made in Bali, Peru, Thailand, and Mexico…
- A selection of black, white, lavender and pink freshwater pearl necklaces. Some coral pendents from the Isle of Capri. And, hand made glass necklaces and paper weights.